SALT LAKE CITY – May 22, 2012 – Wavelink Corporation , today announced the availability of Velocity, a mobile enterprise browser that provides fast, reliable delivery of web-based applications to rugged mobile devices.
Velocity is engineered to address key traditional browser shortcomings such as poor performance, connection interruptions, lack of scanner support and narrow OS platform support. It introduces a new set of features to enhance web-application performance. The offering is built with the needs of today’s wireless networks in mind. It renders pages much faster than traditional mobile browsers, allowing enterprises to extend productivity from the existing mobile work force.
Key features include:
- Uniform rendering – Provides dependable web application and content rendering across devices.
- Session/connection persistence – Automatically maintains a web application session when the mobile device loses its connection.
- Out-of-range and roaming support - Inside and/or outside the four walls and over either local or wide area connections.
- Restricted web access – Items such as addresses, navigation and start bars can be hidden preventing undesired application access and device navigation.
- Optimization for Data Collection – Integrates data collection support into applications.
- Load balancing – Optimized communication in high-traffic environments with multiple servers.
- Broad OS support – Initially features Windows and Windows CE/WM with Android and iOS coming soon.
- Mobile device manufacturer agnostic – Provides broad mobile device support.
- Voice integration using Wavelink Speakeasy.
- Plug and play – There is no Web development required.
- Wavelink Avalanche Integration – Deploy and manage Velocity with Wavelink Avalanche.
“Unlike traditional or legacy browsers, Velocity is built specifically for the mobile environment,“ said Mikkel Storm, director of product management at Wavelink. “Legacy browsers were built for constantly connected PCs, posing serious challenges with connectivity, the user interface and scanner support. Velocity is optimized for mobile devices in mobile environments, giving customers a more reliable way to run mission-critical applications on mobile devices.”
For more information about Velocity or Wavelink and its products and services visit www.wavelink.com/p/enterprise-mobile-web-browser or www.wavelink.com respectively.
Follow us on Twitter: @wavelink
Watch our videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/wavelinkcorp
Like us on Facebook
Read our blog: http://www.wavelink.com/blog/